A great way to quickly increase your income, particularly if you want a quick boost, is to sell some of your items on eBay.
Go through your house and find all those things that you no longer use. The strangest of things will sell on eBay. I know someone who sold some old x-rays of his own skull. He made £18 plus postage!
So, once you have the items ready, photograph them and make them look as good as possible.
Follow these tips for best results:
1. Don’t put a reserve price. Instead start your bids at the lowest price you are willing to accept. This means people won’t be put off bidding for fear of it wasting their time.
2. Start your auctions on Thursday evening for ten days. This means that your auction will end on Sunday evening.
3. Make sure your auction ends between 7.30 pm and 10.30 pm as this is the time most people sit at home bidding on the site.
4. Don’t skimp on the cost of adding a photograph to the listing as this will often catch people’s eye and make them look at your auction.
5. Stylish photographs will often make your listing stand out, so take the best photograph you can.
6. Be completely honest in your description, both about the product and about your reasons for selling. List any defects with the item as honesty in itself is a great sales tactic as people will buy from someone they trust.
There are many more tactics you could use to sell your things, but these are the basic ones.
Enjoy your eBaying!!!